Auto Accident and Whiplash
We work with all auto accident injuries attorneys. Liens are accepted. We are the preferred auto accident specialists in all of Santa Clara County and have helped thousands of individuals recover from auto accident related injuries.
If you have been in an auto accident recently, there are some important decisions you have to make. It's crucial to make these decisions immediately and not delay.
We will help you start feeling better the healthy way!
- Affordable neck and back pain relief available without the side effects of medicine.Dr. Jennings is expert at car accident injuries helping people with chronic back problems, neck aches, spine injuries, etc. so you can live life to the fullest, pain free!
- Auto accident injury and whiplash specialist in restoring health.With our chiropractic procedures, we have helped 100's of accident injury patients, bringing pain relief and helping them feel as good (and many times, better) than they did before their accident.
- Emergency 24/7 service. Same day appointment available.Contact us now. We are here to help you with the healing process so you can start feeling better now.
- Insurance plans accepted. If you don't have insurance, our office offers several easy, affordable payment plans available for every budget.We will help you find a way to get the chiropractic care you need so you can enjoy doing the things you enjoy doing!
Onsite Diagnostic / Treatment Plans
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing
- Diagnostic Electromyography
- Diagnostic Vascular Studies
- High Frequency Digital X-rays
- MedX Medical (the most advance rehabilitative equipemnt in the world)
- Cervical and Lumbar Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression
- BioImpedance Assessment
- Accoustic Cardiograph
- Non-Needle Allergy Testing and Treatment
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Hot Laser Therapy
- Physical Medicine
- Advance and Effective Weight Loss
- At Home or Group Meditation
- Spinal Decompression
Many people don’t realize how severe an auto accident can be. However, much research shows that the after math of an automobile accident can leave your body in tremendously bad shape that many think is impossible to recover from. As a San Jose Chiropractor, I have noticed that many people are misinformed when it comes to whiplash. I hope this article will help better explain whiplash, why it happens, and how our office can help.
I want to address a very common question: what happens to your body that causes a whiplash injury to occur? Whiplash can happen whenever your body suffers from an abrupt jolt. Most whiplash injuries happen when you are sitting in a fixed position in your car and are rear-ended by another car. Because this happens so fast, your body doesn’t have time to react before your car is pushed forward. During those moments of impact, your body gets pushed down into your seat. Your head, which is heavy and secluded by your neck, is delayed in reaction, while your body is continually pushed down. Quickly after, your head changes directions by traveling forward to the limit your seatbelt will allow. Finally, once your head reaches the limit traveling forward, it is forced backwards in reaction. Because your neck is not restricted by your seatbelt, your head is jolted back and forth beyond its standard limits. When this “whipping” action occurs, it causes much damage to the already extremely fragile neck structure.
What a lot of people don’t realize is that it can take multiple days (usually around two or three) before any whiplash symptoms occur. Common whiplash symptoms include headaches, neck pain, and loss of motion. The reason it can take a few days to feel the symptoms is because it can take time for the inflammation from the tiny tears in the injured ligaments and muscles to build up and further aggravate you. When the delicate ligaments that support your neck are wounded, the muscles react by tightening to guard the injured area. This protects the damaged area from further injury.
A few weeks following this injury, the distressed tissue releases chemicals that attach little cells to the wounded area, called Fibroblasts. They build up, creating a scar-like material called fibrin. Fibrin then helps mend and re-build the injury. During these few weeks of repair, it is extremely important to maintain normal ranges of motion, as well as spinal alignment. If this is not done properly, the scar tissue will end up limiting the future mobility of the injured area. This can lead to spinal degeneration.
The good news is that by preforming precise, detailed chiropractic adjustments along with treating the injury with therapy and different exercises, your body will have a much better chance of rebuilding properly. This means less chronic pain, stiffness, disc degeneration, and pinched nerves. We can help alleviate your pain and rebuild your spinal structures. These treatment options also severely reduce future injuries from occurring. So if you have whiplash, schedule an examination with San Jose Pain Clinic today!